Web Applications Developer Job Purpose:
Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet/intranet applications; leading team of developers.
Web Applications Developer Job Duties:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users and other developers by developing documentation, unit testing and other assistive tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Software Requirements, PHP, PHP Frameworks, Software Development Fundamentals, Object-Oriented Design & Programming, Software Design Patterns and their use in OOP, Software Debugging, Technical Leadership, Excellent Verbal & Written Communication. Candidates with experience using version control systems, task management systems and agile programming practices will be given preference. Sample code is required.